– Distance by car from capital (Dushambe) is minimum 20 hours driving to reach hunting territories. It is possible to get domestic flight to Khorog. Then 5 to 10 hours following hunting region in Pamirs. There is also possibility to rent an helicopter but it’s not help for altitude adaptation.
– Alitude of the base camp is from 4 000 meters = 13 100 feet (to sleep at this altitude is NOT comfortable), hunt can be till 5 000 meters = 14 400 feet maximum
– Hunt is done with car then stalking after spotting good males
– Density is very high so hunt can be finalized in 2-3 hunting days
– Trophy Pamirs Marcopolo are longer Tian Shan Marcopolo from Kirghizstan. Trophy size expected is 54 to 56 inches but hunter can expect longer.
– Ibex are not in hugh density, hunt is hard, and average trophy is 100 cm = 39 1/3 inches (45 inches is record in Pamirs). So Tian Shan Ibex from Kirghizstan have longer trophies.
– Hunt is more expensive in Pamirs from Tajikistan in Tian Shan from Kirghizstan (Total price is $ including service hunt organization= $ and Marcopolo sheep license / trophy fee = $. Not include international and domestic flights, hotels in Dushambe and Ibex licence /trophy fee = $)
Hunting season is from September to March.
Hunting way : by car then by foot. We spot the game from the car. Then we decide to stalk when the trophy is ok. This hunt is generally fast because hunting place is also very well managed. There is many Marcopolo in that region. Last survey gives 11 000 marcopolo in the hunting region.
There is Ibex also in the hunting place. They are less easy than marcopolo to harvest because living in rocky place and to climb at that altitude is never easy.
There is few air companies flying to Dushambe (DYU),
– Turkish-Airlines, wenesday and sunday (way back hursday / monday) from all important cities in Europe in transiting through Istambul (IST),
– Air Somoni / Tajikistan airlines who fly to Berlin and Moscow.
Exemple : From Wenesday to Monday.
Wenesday : departure Europe to Dushambe (DYU) with Turkish-Airlines (generally in the middle of the day, around noon) through Istambul (IST). Registration rifles and luggages at final destination. Transit in Istambul. Then flight to Dushambe.
Thursday : arrival early morning in Dushambe. Assistance by our local partner (clearance of rifle and visa – Do not forget two iD pictures) and transfer by road to Khorog situated at 12-13 hours driving (could be less in near future as they are the new road with new bridge). There is a domestic flight to Khorog every morning but it’s depend of the weather and number of seats booked. There is also possibilities to get an helicopter to reach Khorog. Night in hotel in Khorog situated at 2028 meters (= 6 650 feet) altitude.
Friday : Installation in a base camp. Check of rifle and adaptation to altitude. Night in base camp.
Saturday to Friday : Hunting (Marcopolo and Ibex). Night in base camp.
Saturday : Hunt if necessary, then back to Khorog. Night in Hotel.
Sunday : Back to Dushamb by plane or by road. Night in hôtel (accommodation at the charge of the hunter. There is Hyatt hotel which can be booked at acceptable price.
Monday : Early morning, fly back to Europe.
(if hunt is rapidly done, hunter can expect to be back home on Thursday with Turkish-Airlines)
Total price is $ (Price of package service hunt = $ for round trip Dushambe back to Dushambe
more the Marcopolo trophy fee = $)
On the way back a stop can be arrange in an hunting area between Khorog and Dushambe.
Service wild boar hunt (3-5 days hunting) = $
Trophy wild boar = $ per tusker boar
All other wild boar free of charge except big females (150 $)
Price including :
– All the assistance, organization and transportation from Dushambe to Dushambe airport by the road
– Organization of the hunt with all licenses/Cites include (game, rifle, visa support)
– All the accommodation in full board (except in Dushambe and Khorog / price depending of the hotel quality)
– First preparation of the trophies
– Exportation of trophies with the hunters (if your country accept arrival with fresh skins)
Price do not include ;
– possible domestic flight to Khorog and back or helicopter transfers (price on request)
– Accommodation in Dushambe (there is a new HYATT which can be negociated at acceptable prices around 350 $ or even less)
– Visa (visa on the web https://www.evisa.tj/index.evisa.html
or at arrival 40 $) and possible VIP assistance
– For special assistance of guide during hunting $
– The sending of trophies if your country do not accept fresh skins.
– Tips to locals and possible european guide
– Ibex = $
– Wolf = $
Deposit need is 50% of service (= $) and 50% Marcopolo trophy fee (= $)
Total for deposit = $
Sold of the service hunt 2 months before departure : $
Second part of the trophies $ can be payed at the end of the hunt or in advance on our account 2 months before departure.
Extra trophies fees can be payed cash at the end of the hunt.